Direct Hire Opportunity
Annual Salary: $75, 000 - $90, 000 (Exempt)
We have an opportunity for an Accounting Manager, or a Senior Accountant who is ready to take that next step in their career. The Accounting Manager supervises the accounting team, and is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Manage day to day operations of the existing cost accounting function and define policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly bank reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Understand amortization and depreciation schedules.
- Update and balance DMV Schedule quarterly/yearly.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
APS, AVAILABILITY Professional Staffing is the Valley's strongest and most reliable Recruitment Firm. Whether you are a company seeking talent or a professional open to career possibilities our clients know they can count on us to focus on what is in their best interest. We are a trusted advisor, and want to be your first call for anything hiring related. 50 years in Stanislaus, Merced, and San Joaquin Counties, we have proven with time, and word of mouth that we are the best choice for recruitment in the Valley. 2016 was our 4th straight year voted at Modesto's Favorite Choice for a Staffing Firm!